Thursday, June 3, 2010

Glade:)

Well I've made it! Glade Springs is a wonderful community and I am racking my brain for ideas for summer. The family I'm staying with is wonderful and I actually spent a lot of my time today with their 3 yr old trying to figure out how to blow giant bubbles for the church picnic Sunday afternoon. It was so hard! I just got back from the store with some new ingredients for them and hope it works:) I was introduced to the children last night during their Wacky Wednesday service and helped out with a scavenger hunt. I've met a few youth, many are still in school. I had the chance to take a walk with Pastor's wife Mrs. Peggie (whom I love already!) and this morning I decided to run almost the same route however as soon as I stepped outside I fell...Pastor Gene saw the whole thing from next door it was awful, but pretty funny. I twisted my ankle a little but I'm sure it will be better in no time! Everyone here is super nice and I know I'm going to have a wonderful summer "working" for God:)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a good start! I will be keeping you in my prayers. xoxo Miss Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodan... I have been talking with Katie and I am already amazed at God's work in you. You are going to have a great summer! You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete